The LAMENESS COMMITTEE will
facilitate the transfer of new information and technology regarding the
pathogenesis, treatment and control of bovine lameness to bovine practitioners,
animal and dairy scientists, hoof trimmers, the allied industry, and others
with an interest in bovine foot and leg health. Specific objectives of
this committee include but are not limited to:
- To promote improvement of bovine feet and leg health throughout North
- To solicit and disseminate timely information on bovine lameness to
the membership of AABP and others through various media including newsletters,
AABP-L, and popular press.
- To serve as a liaison for the exchange of information between AABP
and other organizations (such as the Hoof Trimmer’s Association,
Inc.) with a vested interest in foot and leg health issues.
- To address issues of mutual concern between AABP, livestock producers,
hoof trimmers, and regulatory authorities (i.e. Extra-Label Drug Use)
regarding the care and treatment of lameness conditions.
- To encourage development of continuing education programs on lameness
for bovine practitioners, hoof trimmers, livestock producers, and others
with an interest in bovine foot and leg care.
- To keep the membership of AABP and others informed of specific educational
opportunities and programs on the topic of foot care.
- To serve as a resource to the AABP program planning committee and
others who may desire suggestions on topics and speakers for educational
programs locally, statewide or nationally.
- To work cooperatively with the current standing committees of AABP
in the transfer of pertinent information regarding lameness and issues
such as housing and cow comfort, nutrition and feeding management, animal
- To encourage Colleges of Veterinary Medicine throughout North America
to provide students with an appropriate level (or amount) of information
in their curricula on the topic of bovine lameness treatment and control
- To promote research in bovine lameness by encouraging increased funding
for investigations dealing with problems of locomotion in cattle through
governmental agencies and private industry.
AABP Members should Log
On to view entire Committee Membership Roster (with terms and term
Send an EMail to this committee.
View Committee Resource Files